SO! i said i'd post stuff, and by golly i will! while i've mostly been working on Commissions, i have done work on other stuff as well. Most of these are in varying stages of doneness, but all of them i need input on! i'll try to get some REAL art done once i've gotten a few more commissions done!
now then, onto the girls!
starting Left to Right,
Livewire: i think i've pretty much done all i can on livewire. she's not the BEST, but i honestly dunno how to improve her, which is why i'm posting her. i DID have an irregular lightning bolt on her, but i thought the lines were a bit too wonky.
Things i Like: the Hair, the Face, the Different Colored Gloves/Boots. Things i Dislike: The Main Costume.
Mercy Graves: Mercy is one of my older characters needing an update. i think i did her justice costume wise, but her face is a little bit reminicent of my older style faces. Also, while its really the only dress i have in this style, i kinda dislike the main dress, as i feel its too similar to my mate Idelacio's Try
Things i Like: Corset/Boots/Tights. Things i Dislike: The Dress, and i think the face needs more tweaking.
Ice And Fire: These were originally just concept tests, to see if i had the nessecery odds and ends to do these Two Characters. but then i grew a bit too attached to the placeholder faces, and here you go >.< i need to give them new faces, but i dunno where to start T_T
Things i Like: The Costumes! i think i got their respective vibes down pat. things i dislike: the faces are, respectively, Claires, and a character you ain;t seen yet, Isabella's. (actually you HAVE seen her, in one of my old render dumps)
Divine: Divine was featured Powergirl's comic (which i missed, since i stopped reading once Winnick came on aboard). she's ESSENTIALLY evil Powergirl, and i quite like giving my girls evil renditions. instead of copying her comic book look entirely, (since it was just pants and bra. really, just pants and a bra >.<) i tried to give her my own touch and i think did well.
things i like: EVIL POWERGIRL :-3 things i dislike: her comic book costume >.<
Providence: so, while i was making Divine a friend mentioned that Supergirl doesnt really have an evil addition EITHER. and unable to stop myself, i went and made one T_T again i tried to give her my own look, whilst also trying to make it fit Divine's theme as well (which is why i named her Providence <.<. the jokes a bit too evident with them standing side by side, but hey, i'm only human)
Things i like: Evil Supergirl! things i dislike: her hair. i tried to make it different, but honestly, it doesnt work. she just looks like a slutty Mary Jane >.<
Raven: i've always meant to finish out my Titan's girls by making Raven, and here's my first try. this is VERY, VERY early (in fact, i'll prolly give her her own Wip shortly,) but overall i think the CONCEPT is sound. now i just need to tweak the face/body/costume to make it more unique
things i like: too early to say things i dislike: too early to say
Wondergirl: this is my try at making her traditional look. i'm not very happy with it, mainly because no matter what i do, i can;t find the right boots >.<
Things i like: her cleavage ^.^ things i dislike: her boots >.<
Zatanna: this is my try at making something RESEMBLING her current comic book look, and i dunno. i don't HATE it, but it doesn't really scream Zatanna to me, either.
things i like: her shorts, the corset, her cleavage ^.^ things i dislike: the waistcoat, the colors, the general blandness of it all.
THERE! Enjoy the novel >.<
ALL OF THEM ARE (C) TO DC!
SO! a couple of notes before you critique! 1) since these are wips and i am posting them STRICTLY for the purpose of critique, i WILL hide any comment that is just 'nice job!' or 'that loooks great!'. no arguments, cus i'm posting these to GET critique, as opposed to my normal art.
2) if you think you can't comment cus you don't know 3D, just treat them as if i drew them, and ignore the fact that their 3D. if something can't be done cus its 3D, well, thats MY problem, not yours.
3) feel free to be as vicious as you need to be! i'd rather have brutal honesty then kind lies!
4) also, in case its not obvious, i'm looking for crits on COSTUMES, FACES, and BODIES.
oh yeah, PLEASE don't submit this to groups! its a WIP!
Another look at Raven's design. I'm not sure about the black and blue, otherwise it is a decent take on her design. I like this version of Zatanna's costume! It is sexy and suitable for the stage, but has a bit more of a robust "adventure ready" look to it, which is something I appreciate. Fire and Ice are pretty much straight out of the comics! Biggest difference is that Ice usually has a straight page-boy style. In the JLU cartoon she had much shorter hair with a more pixie style. Both worked ok--so does this--her more spiky hair has a bit of an iced look to it! Anyway, it is nice to see the two of them!
I'll second the motion that Live Wire could use some gold lightning trim.
Hey, everyone loves a slutty Mary Jane! Besides, I like the look you gave Providence. The slightly wild hair, the pale skin and dark red lips, those half lidded shadowy eyes. They all add up to a great evil look for Supergirl. As for Fire, I didn't really even know she existed until she showed up in the Justice League Unlimited show, and then I was pretty dissapointed she really only showed up twice for any real length of time. While I do agree that both Fire and Ice's faces could be tweaked a bit to make them look like different people (cuz right now they look like other characters cosplaying) I happen to like what you've done with the outfits. One thing I would really like to see different is Mercy with longer hair.
yeah, as i've mentioned, its a common critique of mine. i know that others see them as similar, but honestly, i don't think they look the same. so its hard to effect a change, sadly. anyway! thanks for the critique!
1) I think Livewire's costume is a bit too light, the color scheme reminds me of Killer Frost from JLU, which is nice enough but suggests water/ice powers more than electricity. If her costume was a darker shade of blue I think it'd be an improvement, and maybe some silvery lightning stripes along the length of her torso or on the gloves. I don't know how tough it would be to implement, but it would be cool if she had a white streak in her hair (a la Bride of Frankenstein) to help further make the connection to her electrical powers.
2) I feel like Fire should be taller, like closer to the height of Divine/Powergirl. From the lineup she seems to be no taller than Supergirl/Providence, and that doesn't seem right (probably again from my experience watching JLU).
3) I'm pretty sure they did an Evil Supergirl story...like, she joined up with Darkseid as a Female Fury temporarily or something...anyway, the costume you have for her looks good though I feel like she should still have the S-shield on her chest. I'm liking Evil Powergirl's gloves-with-bars on them, also reminiscent of JLU's Justice Lord Superman. But while I like the black/silver combo on Providence, it occurs to me that you might distinguish Divine by going with a black/gold combo for her costume (rather than the black/grey-silver scheme you've given her). Or vice-versa, leave Divine with the black/silver and have Providence with black/gold...can't go wrong with those two color schemes, I'm just thinking it would help differentiate the two while still keeping them related.
4) I don't dislike Raven's costume, but it looks a bit complicated, but you've said it's still in the early stages so I'll wait to see what develops. And the other girls look fine to me.
Hi everyone!Today I
really nice having
such a huge support
from you guys, so I
want to do this
little raffle as a
thank you to
you. <3My free
time is really
limited, so I we'll
have only 1 winner
To join this raffle,
:wave: Hello dear
deviants,I'm here on
the behalf of The
to let you know that
the submissions for
the 3rd and last
Theme of our
annual Contest "The
Colours of Renewal"
are closed and now
it's time to
below the works
entering our 3rd
one of our polls at
, there are many
people who don't
know how to suggest
a Daily Deviation -
too many, really. In
this article you'll
learn all about
it'll be focused on
category, but the
general rules are
the same for all
OH MY GOD THERE IS A
SNEAK PEAK TO THE
FIRST CHAPTER OF
HOUSE OF HADES THAT
CAME IN THE E-BOOK
VERSION OF SON OF
ahplz:What do you
Beauty can be found
feature is for the
beautiful people on
deviantART and their
last but not least:
Thank you, Ines, for
you for these
`ChewedKandi has certainly gone out of her way to keep the vector community on the right path. Always making sure that her talents are infinitely scalable, Sharon has put her bezier curves to excellent use, and firmly anchored herself as an inspirational leader. We're absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for June 2013 to `ChewedKandi. Congratulations, Sharon! Read More